Wednesday, May 16, 2012

So, what’s going on with the weather these days?


I’ll tell ya everybody, the weather over the northern hemisphere has got me to feeling a little bit jumpy these days. (It’s like that thing with Obama and his White House. Like what’s he really doing when I’m asleep)? That scares me too.

By all accounts, the spring season over the United States has been pretty ‘normal’. By that standard, I mean if ‘normal’ is four to six degrees above what it’s been for the last thirty years. You know, that normal.

Water, via the rainfall we all need, has been in somewhat short supply over my modest adobe here in southwest Missouri and the temperatures have been a lot warmer than they should be. That’s resulted in most of the botanicals (trees, shrubs and gardens) running about a month or two ahead of schedule. Here it is, mid May and yes, the average temperature is running a full five degrees above normal.

Does anyone in the media care about this? No. Perhaps it’s only the folks who watch the weather, both for a living and for a hobby that notice this kind of stuff. Since neither of these groups have very much say in world affairs, I’m gonna guess things will continue as ‘normal’. More pollution, more population and a whole lot more carbon will be dumped into the atmosphere in the next decade. Wonder what that’ll do? See you all then…

No comments:

Post a Comment