Friday, May 4, 2012

April 2012: Warm and dry

Click to enlarge
My small heating bill that came towards the end of the month was proof to me that April had been on the warm side of things. According to my figures the area averaged six degree above normal and so, was in line with a trend that has been active over most of the spring.

Thankfully, other than for a bout of nasty weather in the early part of the month, things were relatively quiet. Rainfall was only about an inch and a half versus a historical average of 4.33 inches. Could another drought be on the way?

Because of all the warm weather, plants, weeds and grasses got to a stellar start. By mid month the pollen counts were already rising and I was in allergy Hell. It will be interesting to see what happens in May. I’m going to guess some severe weather, a little rain and more pollen than we’ve seen in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment