Thursday, February 2, 2012

The first week of February 2011 was shall we say seasonable!



Unlike this year (2012) with temperatures averaging as much as seven degrees above normal, last February began in the deep freezer. According to my records, we had about two inches of crusty sleet and snow on the ground with temperatures that got down to eight above zero. As a result my furnace labored hard to keep the house warm and burned through over a hundred kWh’s each of the first few days.

I remember that so well because, that year, I maintained a Weather Log. A journal as it were, where I kept pretty concise records pertaining to not only my energy use, but also the ambient temperatures of many rooms in my home three times a day. Now, as you might expect, this was a lot of work and something I don’t plan on doing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment