Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A good start for November 2011!




 The last couple of days have been good ones! At least weather wise. The first and second days of November 2011 were pretty much ‘picture perfect’ as far as I was concerned. On the 1st, I went down below my house to the River Run Park area for a nice walk in my short sleeves. The winds were somewhat playful on the 74F day. They’d switch direction more often than a woman changes her mind. But, I didn’t find that a problem. For the most part they were light and most importantly, they were warm!

While others were hard at work on this Tuesday after Halloween, I had the good fortune to be out here, sitting on a concrete bench at a campsite taking in the sights and sounds of fall. With me were just a couple of people; a young girl and her dog out walking and someone (not sure of the gender) who appeared to be asleep in the back of her vehicle. Just a pair of stocking feet stick out the back to attest to the fact!

As I sat there, I could tell that fall was well on its way with colder days just ahead. Most of the trees around me; sycamores, maples oaks and the like have all changed color not with a few trees completely stripped. Thank God for the cedar trees that stay green year round!
----------
On Tuesday, I decided to drive down past the park and have a light lunch by Swan Creek. A creek in name only as it was completely dry on this date. As you can see, the recent flood did a number on the road! Also, many of the trees are dead in this area due to flood water that persisted for months on end.

While this afternoon was not quite as nice as the day before, it still beats the heck out of what’s coming later today when a mean old cold front come barreling out of the northwest! I understand the states of Colorado



 and Nebraska both got a dose of snow. A little early for all that nonsense, but Mother Nature does her thing no matter what I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment