Monday, March 3, 2014

My spring weather prediction for 2014!


Back in august of 2013, when I wrote about the then coming winter, and my predictions for the 2013-14 winter season I stated that 'That said, (the fly in the ointment being CO2 and the anthropogenic climate forcing it causes), we may see some really weird winter storms this time around. Time will tell...'. I think I nailed that it fairly well. This past winter season has been fairly cold, snowy and even a bit strange with the months of January and February seeing very little in the form of rain (only a total of 1.88 inches versus an average of 5.5”)!

So, what does my crystal ball reveal to me about the spring of 2014?

Look for the cycle of wild(ish) weather to continue with severe storms, tornadoes and flooding being more prevalent than they've been over the past several years. Also look for large swings in temperatures as incursions of cold air from Canada continue the trend we've seen over the recent winter season! It will be the clash of hot air and these cold Canadian maritime masses that will stir up trouble in the form of more super-cell storm development than is the average!

No comments:

Post a Comment