Thursday, February 6, 2014

Ice station Forsyth reporting!

'As it now appears to me that the arctic line has shifted down to include the Midwestern parts of America, I can only say that I do so embrace the cold crappy weather we've all been enduring in such a stoic manner!'

Overnight (Feb the 5th), the mercury dipped to just 6 above zero down in much of southwest Missouri! That included the town of Forsyth Missouri where I make my home. (Still, balmy when compared to the likes of Peoria Illinois at 6 below or Bismark, North Dakota that flirted with 10 below)! I wonder what those folks heating costs will be this month?

Unfortunately, this litany of frigid weather is due to last for some time to come. According to a statement by the NWS, an arctic air mass has now become 'entrenched' over the central U.S. Entrenched! What is this, a war? Not only that, but they are also forecasting a 'series of disturbances' to impact our region over the coming week. Swell! I think the other word they like to banter about is 'active', as in it will be an active weather pattern for the balance of the first half of February 2014. What that basically translates to is water of the frozen variety occurring on Friday the 7th and then again early next week. Visit www.taneyservices.com for more weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment