Saturday, December 14, 2013

OK! So, it's gonna be a bad winter!

By most any measurement, the winter of 2013-14 is a bad one...even though we haven't made it to actual wintertime as of this post! So, far, I've recorded ten inches of assorted glaze, sleet, slush and snow starting on December 5th and they tell me there's more to come long about the 19th!

On a good note, it's been quite some time since we saw a decent snow pack this far to the south. Snow is a good thing as it insulates the ground living organisms while also providing a slow release moisture system that feeds animals and plants alike!

On the bad side of things, the thermometer has already dipped down to just a couple of degrees above zero with the average low since the 5th at around 15F. That much cold has only served to keep my furnace running nonstop and will, I'm sure, reward me with a large electric bill at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment