Sunday, December 16, 2012

Recap: December 2012, the first half!



Wow! Talk about your global climate change! Or, perhaps is what’s going on is really only ‘normal’. Here's a recap for the first half of December 2012 for the southwest Missouri area.

For the days numbered 1 through 14, I looked at both my data recorded where I live in Forsyth Missouri and the next closest city where the National Weather Service has a station, which is West Plains Missouri. I also included Springfield Missouri which is about forty five miles to the north of my location also. Here’s the results:

Click on to enlarge
 To say that it was warm would be a real understatement! With an average temperature that was just a bit over nine degrees above average was startling to me. On the other hand, the lack of rain, should it persist could be very damaging in the long term sense to our area farmers. The drought, which is intensifying across the Midwest, is coming at a very bad time when America is still struggling to climb out of an economic barrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment