Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pesky spiders and wind gauges!


For some reason known only to spiders, they like to spin their webs on and around my Davis instruments wind gauge. This usually occurs during the warm days of summer when there are long stretches of time with little or no wind. These little bastards then go to town and sling their webs all over my anemometer thus locking it up. Then, when the wind does blow – nothing happens. That is, until a really good wind comes through and frees it up again. Generally, before that happens, I get a long pole and climb on to the roof to free it myself. I also will spray the whole array with bug killer to make sure that spider spins no more.

The trouble with all this is that; 1) I hate killing the spider and 2) I hate even more climbing on the roof! I wish I knew of an affordable solution in the form of a tower that I could service from the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment